This an opportunity to join a highly regarded consultancy with offices nationwide in a regional geotechnics lead role.
The remit of the role will be:
- Establish a Wellington / Lower North Island geotechnical team presence and grow the team as appropriate (with the support of the other geotechnical teams in Christchurch, Auckland and Tauranga)
- Business development for engineering geology/geotechnical engineering opportunities with existing and new clients
- Undertake and manage geotechnical projects
- Supervision of contracts and construction works
The geotechnical team around the country has a successful track record with high quality clients and projects ranging from education, power to industrial. Their geotechnical offering includes geotechnical design, slope stability, foundations, dams, reviewing retaining walls, geotechnical site investigations and report writing. This firm enjoy strong repeat business and at the heart of this is client satisfaction and delivering a consistent and high quality service.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with Master’s degree from a recognised leading university
- At least 15+ years post graduate experience as a Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist
- CPEng registration
- Proven and solid geotechnical engineering / engineering geology (with market presence in the Wellington / Lower North Island preferred)
- Consultancy experience
- Slope stability hazard assessment and stabilization design
- Earth dam design and monitoring
- Ground improvement assessment and design
- Remedial works supervision
- Landfill related engineering
- Geotechnical design of building foundations and retaining structures (with any structural experience an added bonus)
- Conversant with geotechnical software such as GeoStudio, Plaxis, Wallap or equivalent
In return, our client can offer a personalised professional development plan, work on a wide range of projects in a professional and very friendly environment where you are made to feel one of the family. As an NZ employee owned business, there is the potential to become a shareholder also. A competitive salary will be offered to reflect your experience.
For a confidential discussion, contact Dominic Henderson at Enginurity on 021 237 2671 or firstname.lastname@example.org All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence.