Deadline extended to 15 December 2019
INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE
The New Zealand Geotechnical Society wishes to recognise and encourage student participation in the fields of rock mechanics, soil mechanics, geotechnical engineering and engineering geology.
The 2019 Student Presentation Awards will be a Poster Competition and is open to all students.
Posters will be displayed and awarded at a local branch meeting in April / May 2020.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time / part time student at an appropriate University / Institution in New Zealand
- The topic of the poster should be relevant to geotechnical engineering or engineering geology
- There should be one registration form per poster and one co-author is allowed per submission
- The abstract must be no longer than 300 words
- Submission of the abstract should be made on the registration form or an attached Microsoft Word or pdf document
- One figure/image may be included with the abstract but it must have a caption and be referred to in the abstract
Registration forms can be downloaded from the NZGS website here and are to be submitted to email@example.com by Friday 15th November 2019
- Standard A1 size.
- Should be submitted in Microsoft Powerpoint or pdf format.
- Judging will be conducted for all entries across the country
- A panel of three judges will be formed to make the final decision
- Posters will be displayed at a local branch meeting
- The awards will be presented at a NZGS local branch meeting
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Quality and clarity of the abstract
- Academic content – appropriate introduction, sound methodology, clear results and conclusion
- Poster layout – appropriate use of figures, clear and coherent text, structure and creativity
- Overall poster appeal – concepts are easy to understand, poster engages the viewer and the quality of presentation
- $1000 first
- $500 second
- $300 third
- The top three posters will be displayed in the June 2020 issue of the Geomechanics News.
For further information or to join the Society (membership is free for students) please visit our website www.nzgs.org or contact the Society Management Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org