- This event has passed.
Mining Geoscience Research at the CSIRO
Presented by Dr Marc Elmouttie
Dr Marc Elmouttie is a Senior Research Scientist at the CSIRO and he currently leads their Mining Geoscience Team. He is a physicist with over 15 years’ experience in the research and development of technologies for mineral exploration and mining, in particular:
· 3D rock mass imaging & characterisation,
· Borehole logging and other sensing technologies,
· Quantifying uncertainty of structural analysis,
· Modelling and monitoring of fractured rock systems for slope stability, and,
· Structural and geotechnical analysis algorithms for surface and underground excavations.
Dr Elmouttie will present on some of the latest technologies that are being developed by CSIRO to support mining and other industries, including surface and sub-surface geophysical methods and 3D imaging and modelling. This research has been funded by coal and metalliferous mining companies.
KINDLY SPONSORED BY GRIFFITHS DRILLING