GWE Consulting Ltd is a niche provider of bespoke geotechnical, 3 waters and land development engineering services throughout New Zealand. The company has enjoyed strong growth in recent years, in line with our strategic plan. We have recently relocated our office to larger premises in Takapuna to meet the needs of our staff and growing client base.
To support this growth we have a terrific opportunity for an experienced senior geotechnical engineer to manage a small team at GWE. This is a key role in our strategic plan and will include a blend of technical and client facing activities.
You will have responsibility for site investigations, slope stability, liquefaction, lateral spread and other geotech analyses, foundation, retaining wall and pavement design, geotechnical reporting and construction phase supervision on projects in urban and rural settings. You will also work closely with our stormwater and infrastructure engineers to develop integrated engineering solutions for complex sites.
Your personal attributes will include;
- Specialist geotechnical engineering skills
- An aptitude for the day to day management of technical staff
- Management of a small team of intermediate and graduate engineers,
- Organisation of junior staff members
- Technical review of junior staff reports, stability models and designs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of producing quality project outputs
- Successful client relationship management experience
- The ability to prepare winning proposals
This role would definitely suit a self-motivated person who appreciates a company culture that empowers its people to work closely with its clients and is focused on creating signature projects in a business environment that is more collegial and less corporate.
You will have;
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent level tertiary education
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience with the design and delivery of geotechnical engineering projects
- You must have worked within New Zealand and be familiar with the local market
What We Offer You
Along with a competitive salary package we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing, including;
- Mentoring for your ongoing development
- Professional Memberships
- Service Recognition Rewards
- Flexible Working Arrangements
To learn more about this role, please contact Gareth Williams, email@example.com.