AECOM PRINCIPAL GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
AUCKLAND, HAMILTON, WELLINGTON, TAURANGA AND CHRISTCHURCH
AECOM’s Geotechnical team is recruiting Principal level Geotechnical Engineer’s nationally to contribute to the success of our 40 strong national team. Work with and support colleagues from a variety of engineering and environmental disciplines and to assist in the growth of our Ground Engineering and Tunnelling team. Nationally our team provides one-stop access to services ranging from project management, feasibility studies, detailed design, contract administration and construction supervision for geotechnical works.
We are looking for an ambitious team player to assist in the development of innovative, cost effective and buildable solutions in an environment that is collaborative, stimulating and fast paced. Your extensive geotechnical consultancy experience, strong capability in geotechnical studies, investigation and design for highway earthworks, bridge foundations, retaining structures and strengthened earthworks will add to our teams existing strengths.
- You will be responsible for making recommendations on a range of project types
- Design, analysis and site characterisation for large civil infrastructure projects
- Field investigation and reporting writing
- Interpretation of site investigation data, including soil and rock in situ and laboratory test data
- Slope, foundation and retaining wall design, seismic and ground liquefaction assessments
- Numerical modelling of shallow and deep underground excavations in soil and rock
- Project management
- Degree in Geotechnical Engineering (CPEng preferable)
- +12 years’ experience in a multidisciplinary environment
- Proven track record in studies, investigations and geotechnical design for new build transportation and infrastructure
- Possess strong problem solving and inter-personal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to write clear and concise technical reports is essential.
- In depth knowledge and experience of relevant design standards.
- Experience in routinely used geotechnical software including gINT, Slope/W, SLIDE and Plaxis; GIS or Geospatial skills desirable.
- Well versed in a variety of ground conditions and of soil and rock design parameter selection; local knowledge is advantageous.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure
your professional development and wellbeing:
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- Flexi time monthly allowance of up to 8 hrs
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave and salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
TO APPLY – EMAIL SHERINNE.DEFANTI@AECOM.COM