Update from Ioannis Antonopoulos – 20 May 2021
TC103 (Numerical Methods in Geomechanics) was active in:
- Working on the virtual time capsule project ( https://www.issmge.org/the-society/time-capsule/time-capsule) preparing the material. For this work, we will be happy to have any idea or contribution from TC members.
- Encouraging and supporting the publication of 3 states of the art papers to publish in Soils and Foundations about:
- Numerical modelling of large deformation problems in geotechnical engineering: a state-of-the-art review (C. Augarde, S. J. Lee, D. Loukidisand; currently under review)
- Modelling, analyzing and minimizing uncertainty for design and monitoring in geotechnical engineering (lead by T. Shuku and currently in preparation)
- Computational inelasticity in geomechanics (lead by C. Tamagnini and currently in preparation)
- Publishing a special issue of the Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories entitled Numerical Analysis in Geoengineering Case Histories (edited by G. Biscontin and R. Uzuoka), this is currently in preparation and expected to be published in June 2021.
- Special sessions are organized at conferences like COUPLED2021 (Coupled 2021 (cimne.com)) and ICSMGE2021 (20th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering 2021 (icsmge2022.org)). Thematic conferences have been postponed: IACMAG (16th International Conference of IACMAG (symposium.it) ) is postponed to 2022 and NUMGE (NUMGE 2022 | ISSMGE) is postponed to 2023.
- Organizing webinars that will be released soon; in particular, Prof. Noda will provide a webinar in the summer about performance assessment of soil and structures.
Please subscribe to TC newsletters of the committee to keep up to date with the latest news by going to https://www.issmge.org/committees/technical-committees/fundamentals/numerical-methods-in-geomechanics and click Sign-up.