- This event has passed.
The Health and Safety Hazards of Tunnels
The NZTS is pleased to facilitate a 3 day short course presented by Dr Donald Lamont, a leading authority in the world of tunnelling health and safety; advocate and practitioner.
The course is aimed at senior practitioners with responsibility for health and safety risk management of underground construction and covers planning, design, construction and operational aspects, roles and responsibilities. The principal focus is the health and safety aspects of tunnel construction.
The interactive course will cover:
- Guidance sources
- Contribution of client and designer
- Occupational health matters relevant to tunnelling
- Welfare in tunnels
- Mechanised tunnelling safety
- Conventional tunnelling safety
- BS6164, EN 16191
- Observational Methods
- Occupational Health
- Fire in tunnels
- Atmospheric contamination
- Compressed Air
- Access/Egress/Transport in Tunnels
- Emergency Preparedness
- Personal Safety