More details to follow in September……
NZGS is excited to share the news that Professor George Gazetas from the National Technical University of Athens will be giving earthquake engineering courses in New Zealand in November 2023.
The primary objective of these courses is to provide a comprehensive overview of fundamental concepts and solutions within the field of geotechnical earthquake engineering. The course will also spotlight recent advancements that have emerged from experiments and observations. Notably, the course will focus on essential aspects of geotechnical earthquake engineering, placing special emphasis on foundation performance. Participants will gain insights into various methods of analysis and post-seismic field observations.
The course will be of interest to:
- graduate civil engineering students (geotechnical and structural)
- engineers active in New Zealand and involved with foundation design and earthquake engineering
- young university researchers
- officials dealing with enforcing application of codes.
Where and when (indicative dates)
- 20 November 2023, Auckland,
- 23 November 2023, Wellington,
- 27 November 2023, Christchurch,
- 30 November 2023, Queenstown
More details will be provided in September