Please contact the management secretary if you would like to advertise a job on the NZGS website or newsletters. For website adverts please provide your copy as plain text with separate images. Our site resizes to suit the viewer so text is more effective than pdf.
Intermediate or Experienced Geotechnical Engineer
If you have considered leaving the larger centres for a better career/lifestyle balance, Cheal is an organisation that provides both.
Located in the sunny Hawke's Bay, Cheal's Napier office is part of a network of 6 branches throughout the Central North Island, each providing services across Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering, Surveying, 3D Laser Scanning, Precision Monitoring and Resource Management Planning. We provide a challenging work environment coupled with a diverse team of professionals that is welcoming to all.
As a Geotechnical Engineer we know you will love all that appears below ground level, whether it's steep slopes, clay, pumice and the other stuff you like to get your hands on. Why not come and work with Cheal, where we offer interesting and diverse projects, a supportive work environment, career progression and good work-life balance. Interested? Then read on to the nitty gritty; we know Engineers like detail. We need an Intermediate or Experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our Napier team. This is a key opportunity for a long-term association with a top level consultancy that prides itself on forward thinking and the use of modern technology.
If you can display the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil-Geotechnical or Engineering Geology
- At least 3-4 years' experience in the New Zealand consultancy environment
- Proven experience in job procurement and pricing
- Excellent written communication skills
- Exceptional client management skills
- A good sense of humour and desire to contribute to the team and its development
The Cheal culture is one of family, teamwork, community and communication with a commitment to quality and a high level of technical expertise. We provide a high level of support to those wishing to pursue a progressive career path.
Full, New Zealand driving licence and experience in driving a manual transmission 4WD utility vehicle essential
Cheal is committed to Health and Safety and equal opportunities in the workplace.
Here is the link to our website should anyone wish to apply https://cheal.qjumpersjobs.co/
Alternatively, for a confidential chat please call Chantelle on 027 538 3015
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Engco is a rapidly growing engineering consultancy with over 30 staff in three office locations nationally: Christchurch, Auckland and Queenstown. Services include: Structural, Civil, Geotechnical and product innovation. With challenging residential and commercial projects ranging across boutique houses to multi storey complexes.
Engco have a passion for providing expert advice in technically challenging projects and we want liked minded individuals to deliver these projects and grow with the business.
This role involves:
- Working with clients and contractors finding innovative and pragmatic ways to achieve project outcomes;
- Design and management of often complex ground investigations including data analysis, modelling and interpretative report writing;
- Liaising with approving authorities and assisting clients with the consenting process;
- Co-ordinating project and technical delivery as required;
- Lead and organise site investigation and inspections including construction supervision and correct logging of soils;
- Experience in managing your own projects to time and budget, including overseeing small teams;
- Experience in Geotechnical design including earthworks, foundations, settlement calculations, retaining systems, liquefaction analysis, identifying and calculating soil parameters, slope stability assessment, identifying natural hazards, liquefaction assessment, design of piles and retaining structures.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the areas listed above. Be able to demonstrate their communication skills and experience in effectively leading teams. It is a requirement that this is based on strong geotechnical experience (at least 6 years) and be CMEngNZ qualified. Supported by an interest to develop ongoing relationships, with Contractors and Consultants.
Come to work at a vibrant, energised and social workplace. A company that values client relationships, as well as internal workplace dynamics, with staff contributions in work and social matters. We will reward you with an attractive package and bonus.
We seek communicators who are focused, high performing individuals who will fit into our team environment, and are passionate about providing innovative and accurate engineering solutions for our clients.
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter outlining your exceptional talents and abilities to:
HR Manager, Engco