RDCL is based in Wellington with a team of young, motivated professional geologists, geophysicists and geotechnical engineers. We are a forward looking, progressive business focussed entirely on geotechnical work, in close partnership with key, long term clients to support their business.
People are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a leading provider of geotechnical solutions and insitu testing including Downhole and Surface (Seismic) Geophysics and CPT.
Geophysics and CPT is a core part of our business running in parallel to our more traditional consulting roles. We undertake independent, precision site testing and evaluation throughout New Zealand and abroad. We believe while interesting in its own right, this also enables our geologists, geophysicists and geotechnical engineers to develop a deep understanding of geotechnical properties and ground response.
Due to expansion, our team is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer and/or an Engineering Geologist with the ability to contribute across all geotechnical projects ensuring that geotechnical risks are monitored, understood and managed. The role is based in our Tawa, Wellington office.
What the Role Entails
- Ensure Health and Safety and Risk Management activities are undertaken and reviewed both for yourself and your co-workers, and on projects
- Leadership within the team and on projects. RDCL has a performance culture so that staff at all levels are encouraged to lead and “be the best that you can be”
- Execute and report high quality geotechnical investigations
- Analyse geotechnical / engineering geological information and reports
Our ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- Relevant geology degree at Masters Level or engineering degree with appropriate discipline focus with qualifications recognised by NZQA
- Clean drivers licence
- Detailed knowledge of geotechnical hazard, risk assessments and their application
- Team player with great communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and accurately
What‘s on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Potential for work on range of projects
- Life and Total Permanent Disability Insurance
- Professional Memberships
To apply please email us your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
Rebecca Marshall – HR Consultant (on behalf of RDCL) firstname.lastname@example.org