- This event has passed.
AUCK Retaining Wall Practice
This one- day course is an introduction to the geotechnical design of simple earth retaining walls in New Zealand practice. The course provides an overview of the theory behind the design of retaining walls. It will also include an opportunity to work through practical design examples, including seismic design. This course is suitable for professional engineers with 2 to 5 years’ experience after graduation.
Upon completion attendees will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the:
- Earth pressure theories
- Theory behind the design of simple retaining walls
- Common types of retaining walls and their applications
- Selection of design parameters and derivation of loads
- Assessment of the stability of retaining walls
- Practical design of selected types of retaining walls
- Earthquake design and performance.
- Importance and provision of drainage.
Presented by Pathmanathan Brabhaharan (Brabha) from Opus Consultants.