AUCK UNI: Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering (CIVIL725) – Summer School
Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering (CIVIL725) to be offered as block course in 2018 summer school at University of Auckland.
The course will run from 9am-5pm on the following days: January 8/9/10 and January 24/25/26.
- geotechnical problems encountered during earthquakes;
- introductory seismology and earthquake engineering;
- seismic hazard and analysis;
- wave propagation and local site effects;
- dynamic properties of soils; ground response analysis;
- seismic stability of slopes and embankments;
- seismic earth pressure and behaviour of earth-retaining structures;
- soil liquefaction and permanent ground deformations;
- soil remediation and mitigation techniques.
For details about the learning objectives, course contents, enrolment restrictions and other information, please contact A/Prof Rolly Orense.
Please share this information to your colleagues who might be interested.